What's more delicious than a Rice Krispie® treat?
Are you having a hard time thinking of something? I know I am! I am super excited to tell you about the project I've been working on! I am on a team with three other fabulous Kansas City area bloggers and together, we have been working to create a delicious Easter-themed Rice Krispie® recipe and party theme. This is all part of a challenge hosted by Kellogg's® Rice Krispies® and The Motherhood.
Kristen from Dine & Dish, Kelly from Kansas City Mamas, Jenn from SuperJenn, and I are the KC area team. We're actually competing against three other teams across the U.S. for this challenge to create the best Easter Rice Krispie® recipe (you can view entries at The Motherhood Rice Krispies® Circle) - and we're going to need your help to win (more info on that later)!
Our unique recipe is something that you will definitely want to try - we've combined a classic salty county fair favorite with the amazing sweetness of Rice Krispies® to bring you the Kettle Korn Rice Krispie® treat! One bite is sweet, the next is salty...you really just can't get enough!
This is a super fun project for the kids! Once you have made the Kettle Krispie recipe, your little ones can have a blast shaping the Rice Krispie® treats using well buttered plastic Easter eggs (if it's not just a little messy...it's probably not enough butter!). You can roll the eggs in colored sugar to add a bit more springtime fun to the table! You could even set your Easter table with this beauties - just add names and you'll have perfect place settings!
Still need more color on your spring celebration table? Mix together some Rice Krispies® with a few drops of food coloring. We had lots of fun creating different color variations and I'm sure you will too!
Ready to try out the Kettle Krispie? Here's how!
6 tablespoons butter
6 cups of Rice Krispies
3 teaspoons Kosher salt
2/3 cup sugar
1/4 cup and 2 teaspoons butter
5 cups mini marshmallows
Extra butter for greasing egg molds
1. Melt butter in an iron skillet or dutch oven over medium heat.
2. Increase temp to medium high and add Rice Krispies, Kosher salt, and sugar.
3. Stir continuously over medium high heat until Rice Krispies are caramelized and slightly brown. Around 7 minutes.
4. Remove from stove and continue stirring for another three minutes until cool. Set aside.
5.While Kettle Krispies are cooling, butter the inside of 12 large plastic eggs. Set aside.
6. In a large saucepan, melt butter and marshmallows over medium-low heat.
7. After mix is well blended, continue to stir and cook for two minutes longer.
8. Add Kettle Krispies and stir till well coated. Remove from heat.
9. Fill buttered egg molds with mixture and let them set for 10 minutes. Remove from molds and decorate if desired.
If you like our creations, help us out by voting for our entry on the Rice Krispies® Facebook page between April 12th - April 15th (don't worry, I'll remind you!).
What's in it for you? How about a chance to win a $100 prepaid gift card? That could create some pretty fantastic Easter baskets! You can enter to win here at My Kansas City Mommy, plus each of my teammates is also hosting a separate giftcard giveaway - make sure you visit their sites as well! This giveaway is generously sponsored by Rice Krispies® and The Motherhood. This giveaway will end on April 10 at 11:59 PM Central time.
To enter the giveaway:
Fill out the ENTRY FORM. You can also receive additional entries for the following (you will check these off on the entry form):
* LIKE Rice Krispies on Facebook (you'll be a step ahead when it comes time to vote!)
* Subscribe to My Kansas City Mommy's feed or email subscription
* Publicly follow My Kansas City Mommy with Google Friend Connect
* LIKE My Kansas City Mommy on Facebook
* Follow My Kansas City Mommy on Twitter
Don't forget to click here to fill out the entry form.
Make sure you visit the blogs of my team members to enter to win their giveaways as well!
Kristen - Dine & Dish
Kelly - Kansas City Mamas
Jenn - Super Jenn
I am working on this project in conjunction with The Motherhood and Rice Krispies®. I have been compensated for time and materials and may win a prize should our team win over the competition. Giveaway will end at 11:59 PM on April 10, 2011. Winner will have 48 hours to respond via email or different winner will be chosen.
Abbreviated Rules. No Purchase Necessary. Begins no earlier than 12:00:00 AM (ET) on 03/28/11 and ends no later than 11:59:59 PM (ET) on 04/12/11. For complete Official Rules, go to http://web.mediacdt.com/docs/EasterGiveawayRules.pdf. Open to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and District of Columbia who are 18 years of age or older at time of entry. Subject to complete Official Rules. Void where prohibited. Sponsor: The Motherhood; www.TheMotherhood.com. ®, TM, ©2011 Kellogg NA Co.